Apple Hackintosh Unleashed Evil Apple Hackintosh
My Guide to Building a "Hack Pro"
A Work In Progress..

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My "Hack Pro " Recipe

Ok so here's the deal..
I had planned on writing a "Parts Guide" on what hardware is needed/compatible for building a hackintosh before I provided you with my build. But with the holidays, I stayed busy and didn't have a chance to keep up with the blog like I intended. Since I started assembling my hackintosh last night, I figured it would be best to go ahead and give you my parts list and assembly notes while it's still fresh on my mind. I'll go back and write a detailed "Parts Guide" in a future blog.


My Hack Pro
Core i5-750 - Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 - NVIDIA GT 240 DDR5 - 4GB DDR3 RAM
$631

Purpose & Budget:

These are the most important aspects to consider whenever choosing your hardware. I wanted to build a Mac Pro for cheaper than a Mac Mini (~$700). I would mainly be using the computer for browsing the internet, watching/storing/burning movies, editing photos, listening to music, etc. Most importantly NO gaming (I have a PS3 for that). So I wanted a decent processor, a good amount of ram, a large hard drive, an HDMI equipped graphics card, and a blu-ray burner for my goals. I have to thank newegg.com for their amazing deals and allowing me to reach my goals within my budget. I did most of my shopping between Black Friday and Christmas during their big sales time.


Hardware:

Intel Core i5 750 cpu processor

EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GT 240 Graphics Card GB DDR5

G Skill Ripjaws DDR3 GB RAM Memory

WD Western Digital Hard Drive HDD 1TB

Optical Drive: LG-Black Blu-ray Burner $80
LG Blu-ray dvd cd burner rom disc drive

antec sonata iii 500 case 500w power supply

Optional Accessories:

Apple Pro Keyboard - Bluetooth (Already Owned)
apple pro keyboard wireless bluetooth

Apple Mighty Mouse - Bluetooth (Already Owned)
apple wireless bluetooth mighty mouse

Asus USB-BT21 V2.0 Mini Bluetooth Dongle $15
(make sure it's v2.0 NOT 2.1, v2.1 bt211 is not recognized by the OS X)
asus usb bluetooth dongle

Samsung T240HD 24" LCD Monitor/HDTV 1920x200 (Already Owned)


Software:

Operating System: Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.3 $27 (Amazon) 
apple mac os x snow leopard 10.6.3 software
Mac OS X 10.6.6 Combo Update - Free
iBoot - Free (thanks tonymacx86)
tonymacx86 iBoot download hackintosh

MultiBeast - Free (thanks again tonymacx86)
tonymacx86 MultiBeast download hackintosh

Optional Software: 

Parallels Desktop 6

Windows 7 Ultimate


-Macster26

2 comments:

  1. Hi there!

    I'm sure you'll help me a bit, hackintosher friend.
    I am considering building a hackintosh any time soon. My plans are to install Lion on HDD1 and Windows 7 on HDD2. This should be -rather- flawless if I go to Tonymacx86.
    One feature I would love is running Parallels 6 under OSX in order to run Win7. Do you think I will be able to do so?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You shouldn't have a problem running Parallels 6 in the OSX to run Win7. It works on mine in Snow Leopard, however, I installed another HD in order to run Windows 7 because I was unhappy with the performance (speed) of Parallels 6.

    ReplyDelete